Posted about 1 month ago
Friendly family of five looking for an energetic and meticulous housekeeper to come three times a week during the day for 4-5 hours each visit. Preferred days of the week are Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
General responsibilities would include:
• Deep cleaning including bathrooms, floors, kitchen/dishes, vacuuming, dusting (all cleaning supplies provided)
• Organizing closets, pantry, cupboards, toy room, etc.
• Laundry (wash, dry, fold, put away)
• Keeping household items stocked (paper products, cleaning supplies, etc.)
• Light cooking or food prepping
. May need to drive to pick up children
. May need to walk our dog (25 lb goldendoodle)
• $25/hour, minimum 15.0 hours per week
• Parking is available.
• Near good bus routes.
• A resume detailing at least 3-5 years of experience as a housekeeper, nanny, or caregiver/care assistant.
• Proof of completed COVID vaccination status.
• 3 recent references.
One of the most important aspects is to be reliable and adaptable. These aspects are particularly appreciated:
Being on time, prioritization and time management skills
Respecting the household set up and process
Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
Working quickly without compromising quality
Being polite and friendly!
A few important things to know:
At myBestHelper, our greatest priority is to ensure that we meet every family's individual needs, by helping them hire reliable, competent and loving people. Our team is led by a family physician mom and has received national and international recognition for how we use technology to simplify and increase the support available to busy families.
Our team have received over 22 awards and recognitions in the last four years, including the YWCA Women of Disctinction - Entrepreneurship, the global Cartier Women’s Initiative Award and being invited to participate in the Blackbox Connect accelerator powered by Google for Entrepreneurs.
We deeply respect and support the people that work as caregivers - the nannies, sitters and helpers that may choose this as their career or be doing it to while in a life or career transition. That’s where you come in.
Hiring Process: Apply now directly to this posting.
We take hiring very seriously and carefully evaluate each application. We appreciate everyone's interest in being selected as a myBestHelper helper, only those being considered will be contacted.
Take a look at this posting, or browse the many other jobs on the site. If you like what you see, apply to become one of our helpers and we will help you find work! Remember, when applying it's important to explain how you are trustworthy and caring caregiver.
We usually look for people who have:
- Unconditional positive regard for others, and themselves!
- Strong work ethic including reliability, punctuality and good judgement
- Ability to maintain open, positive, friendly and cooperative relationships
- Adaptability and excellent organization skills in a constantly changing environment
- You must be eligible to work in Canada