Last Modified: March 5th, 2015, supersedes all previous versions.
Mybesthelper Solutions is an innovative company and our sites, applications and services (which include myBestHelper and myCrew) are created to make life better for our visitors and our users.
Definitions and Important Concepts
- Mybesthelper Solutions Inc. (“Mybesthelper Solutions") a British Columbia (BC) corporation, the owner and operator of the the myBestHelper and myCrew Sites, Applications, Content, Referral Programs and Services (“Services”).
- Personal Information means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a home or other physical address and an email address, phone number or other contact information, whether at work or at home. In general, you can visit our Services without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Information about yourself. There are instances in which you may elect to provide us with personal information.
- Our Services may contain links to other sites not owned or controlled by us and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our sites or applications and to read the privacy policies of other sites that may collect your Personal Information.
Your Consent, Choices, Accuracy and Opting Out
- Whenever possible, we provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect Personal Information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- Correcting, updating and deleting your registration and account,
- Changes to your choices for subscriptions, newsletters and alerts,
- Changes to your choices whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you,
- Changes to your choices whether we share your Personal Information with other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services,
- Requesting access to the Personal Information we hold about you and requesting that we amend or delete it and we request third parties with whom we have shared the information do the same, and we will make reasonable efforts to make the changes and alert third parties as soon as practically possible, unless there are legal or other reasons to not agree to your request.
- You may, of course, decline to submit Personal Information through the Services, in which case Mybesthelper Solutions may not be able to provide certain services to you. In particular, when you use certain Services (usually our applications), we may receive, store and process different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g., GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Platform or specific features of the platform). If you access the Platform through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this (see your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details).
- The Services are not directed to or intended to be used by children under the age of 13 years. Mybesthelper Solutions does not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use the Services at any time or in any manner. If Mybesthelper Solutions learns that Personal Information has been collected from someone who is under 13 years old, then Mybesthelper Solutions may deactivate the account and/or make the status submissions inaccessible.
What Personal Information is Collected and How it is Used
- Any Personal Information we may collect via our Services is collected in compliance with applicable privacy legislation and is used by Mybesthelper Solution across all the Services that we manage, for instance when you visit our sites (www.mybesthelper.com or www.getmycrew.com), download our applications myBestHelper or myCrew, or receive our emails and newsletters, or participate in our Referral programs.
- To protect your privacy, we have adopted the following principles:
- We collect only what is necessary for:
- The operation and security of our Services,
- The promotion and delivery our Services,
- Improvements to your customer experience,
- The processing of transactions,
- Providing targeted and exclusive offers to you.
- Our servers automatically collect a limited amount of information essential for the operation and security of our website. Some of this information (e.g., browser type) does not identify you while other information, such as an IP address or GPS location, may identify you.
- Some information about you may be provided by third party services or social media platforms to help verify your identity or for uses as described above.
- The personal contact information you provide (that may include email address, phone number, address and social media accounts) may be used to:
- Verify your identity before registering your email and/or mobile phone number and granting you access to the Services.
Send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions in keeping with the notification settings you selected.
- Facilitate connections to other users of our Services or personal contacts of yours consistent with the purpose for which you started using our Services.
- Provide you the Services, either through Mybesthelper Solutions or in combination with or through third-party providers.
- Financial information (such as credit card number and expiration date) is used only to charge you for the service you are purchasing. This will never be given to any third party, other than the payment providers.
- If we use Personal Information you have provided, it is only for the purpose for which it was collected, or for a use consistent with that purpose. It will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested (see section on Who has access to your Personal Information).
Who Has Access to your Personal Information
- Your Personal Information or a portion thereof may be accessible by visitors and users of the Services, unless otherwise specified at the time it was collected from you.
- All myBestHelper employees, contractors and interns may have access to your Personal Information and they are governed by Confidentiality Agreements or equivalent.
- Certain third party services the Mybesthelper Solutions uses to be able to provide the Services may also have access to your Personal Information. Mybesthelper Solutions does not intend to transfer Personal Information without your consent to third parties who are not bound to act on Mybesthelper Solutions's behalf unless such transfer is legally required (see section on Third-Party Services).
- Otherwise, we will never disclose, give, sell, rent, lease or give away your Personal Information to any any person,company or third party, except where you have given us permission to do so or if the law requires it, or where in good faith Mybesthelper Solutions believes such action is necessary to comply with a legal process.
Sharing your Information with Other Companies (Third-Party Services)
- Third parties provide certain of our Services on our behalf. Service providers are also an important means by which we maintain our Services. We may share your Personal Information with third party service providers to the extent that it is reasonably necessary to perform, improve or maintain the Services.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure that these third-party service providers are obligated to protect Personal Information on our behalf. We do not intend to transfer Personal Information without your consent to third parties who are not bound to act on our behalf unless such transfer is legally required.
- Occasionally, at our discretion, we may also include links to third-party products or services through our Services. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
- We may also share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, asset views, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, promotions, and/or functionality on the Services.
- We may collect and release Personal Information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant or equivalent, or where in our reasonable belief, an individual’s physical safety may be at risk or threatened. We also reserve the right to disclose Personal Information and/or non-personally-identifiable information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend itself against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, to protect the security or integrity of our Services and our servers, and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of our team, our users and our visitors.
Your Personal Information Protection and Retention
- The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect guest information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods.
- Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If we learn of a security systems breach, then we will do our best effort to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps.
- In the event that the Mybesthelper Solutions or the Services (or portion thereof) is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the (hopefully) unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your Personal Information is treated, transferred, or used.
Questions or Concerns
↑ back to top
- We are always willing to answer questions and interested to receive suggestions. We hope you find our Services useful. We are committed to protecting your privacy online, mobile and offline to the extent possible. Privacy is an evolving area, and Mybesthelper Solutions' Services are constantly evolving to meet these demands.